- 1 bunch dinosaur kale
- 1 medium avocado diced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds raw and unsalted
- 1 medium carrot grated or sliced into thin ribbons
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 medium bell pepper we like to use red
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 1.25 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and garlic in a bowl. Whisk to combine. While whisking, gradually add the olive oil in a steady stream. Continue to whisk together until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Wash and trim the kale. Removing any tough stems. Chop or tear kale to 1" pieces.
- Add 1/3 of the dressing to the bottom of a clean bowl. Toss the kale in the dressing bowl, enough to coat the leaves. Serve with extra dressing in a side bowl.
- Divide salad into 2 bowls. Serve immediately.