- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled + chopped
- 2 celery stalks; diced
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1 1/4 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. ground turmeric
- 1/2 t. ground coriander
- fresh thyme; to taste (optional)
- 1 c crimini mushrooms, roughly chopped + sautéed until browned
- sea salt + freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T. olive oil
1. Add the olive oil in a large saucepan + place over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic, onion, carrots + celery. Cook stirring occasionally, until tender (about 5 min).
3. Stir in the cauliflower + cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 min.
4. Add the chicken stock, cumin, turmeric, coriander + coconut milk and stir together.
5. Bring to a boil; then reduce the heat + let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Season to taste + serve garnished with mushrooms and thyme.